Kingston Trip Details
We originally planned to have meeting with students today to review the details below, but due to bus cancellations that will not be possible. Please read through the details below regarding tomorrow’s trip.
- Dress for the weather because you are supposed to be spending about an hour and a half outside in downtown Kingston.
- Bring money to buy lunch, but you may also bring snacks. Please note that the restaurants nearby may not easily cater to allergies, so those of you with food allergies may want to bring food of your own.
- Anyone who has an epi-pen or puffer must bring their epi-pen or puffer with them on the trip. Be prepared to show it to Ms Claxton in the morning.
- Our busses will be leaving the MSS front doors at 8:20 a.m. (You can take your regular bus to school.)
- Please do not take any pictures without permission.
- You may not post any pictures on social media.
- Your cell phones are not allowed into the breakout rooms. You will need to leave cell phones and other belongings in the lockers provided.
- If your parents need to reach you in an emergency, they can call HJC and the message will be relayed along to your teachers.
- When playing a breakout room remember to search everywhere for clues, share your thinking with your group members, keep problem solving when your first idea doesn’t work, and remember that you can ask for clues or hints.
- Our art gallery workshop topic has changed. We will be studying work by Kent Monkman, a Cree artist. The exhibit on his work is titled “Shame and Prejudice: A Story of Resilience.”
- We are expected to return to MSS front doors at approximately 4:30 p.m.
- If there is a concern about bus cancellations on January 23rd, please check the Destinations blog site to find out whether the trip is being postponed.